Stuffed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon peel. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with lemon butter. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.