4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons butter
- for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread
- crumbs. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half. Fill
- with bread crumb mixture; secure with metal or soaked wooden
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon
- peel. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from
- the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°, basting frequently with lemon butter. Yield: 4
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.