Stuffed Green Pepper Soup Recipe
- 6 uncooked breakfast turkey sausage links
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1. Crumble sausage into a saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add green pepper, onion and water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato soup, garlic powder and pepper; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add rice; heat through. Yield: 3 cups.
1 cup equals 263 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,162 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.