Stuffed Green Pepper Soup Recipe
- 6 uncooked breakfast turkey sausage links
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1. Crumble sausage into a saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add green pepper, onion and water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato soup, garlic powder and pepper; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add rice; heat through. Yield: 3 cups.
1 cup equals 263 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,162 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
"I made this recently with all the rain we've been having and it was delicious. Perfect for a cool, rainy day. It was easy to prepare and my husband and I loved it. I will be preparing this soup again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"I love this!!! I used hamburg instead of turkey sausage. Very filling when served with cheese bread."
"This was in the first issue of Cooking for 2 that I received and I made it the day the magazine arrived using pork sausage because that's what I had on hand and sweet red peppers because I don't like cooked green pepper. I made another batch two days later. I have served it to family and friends with rave reviews and it continues to be a favorite."
"This soup is delicious!! I used ground beef instead. Try it if you like stuffed green cabbage rolls."