“My husband and I first tasted this soup in a restaurant and just loved it,” recalls KayLyn VanderVeen in Grand Rapids, Michigan. “Because I’m diabetic, I came up with this healthier—but just as tasty—version!” TIP: SERVE WITH CRUSTY ROLLS AND A GREEN SALAD FOR A VERY HEARTY MEAL, KAYLYN SUGGESTS.
- 6 uncooked breakfast turkey sausage links
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- Crumble sausage into a saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add green pepper, onion and water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato soup, garlic powder and pepper; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add rice; heat through. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Stuffed Green Pepper Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p55
Reviews for Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review