Stuffed Green Pepper Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1. Crumble beef into a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl; add the onion. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, water, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Stir in rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove tops and seeds from peppers; cut in half lengthwise. Stuff with meat mixture; place in an ungreased microwave-safe shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until peppers are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,226 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.