VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (7 ounces) Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Crackers or pretzels
- Carefully slice off the top of the waxed coating on the cheese round. Scoop out the cheese; set waxed shell aside. Place cheese in a food processor. Add the beer, butter and mustard; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill.
- Spoon into the reserved shell. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers or pretzels. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Stuffed Gouda Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p241