Stuffed Game Hens
I like to delight dinner guests with this simply elegant entree. The combination of mushrooms, pears and basil is surprisingly delicious.Jerry Huff, Oakland, California
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, pears, basil and dill. Brush
- oil over outsides of hens and inside cavities; stuff with mushroom
- mixture. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing,
- basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.