Stuffed Game Hens Recipe
I like to delight dinner guests with this simply elegant entree. The combination of mushrooms, pears and basil is surprisingly delicious.—Jerry Huff, Oakland, California
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, pears, basil and dill. Brush oil over outsides of hens and inside cavities; stuff with mushroom mixture. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- 2. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC