Stuffed French Toast with Apricot Syrup Recipe
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- APRICOT SYRUP:
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1. Cut a pocket through the crust of each slice of bread. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and pineapple; stir in pecans. Stuff into pockets. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, cream, vanilla and ginger; dip both sides of bread. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- 2. Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan; heat until warmed, stirring constantly. Serve with the French toast. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/3 cups syrup).
1 each: 812 calories, 47g fat (21g saturated fat), 317mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed French Toast with Apricot Syrup
"I used apple pie filling instead of pineapple and added cinnamon to the filling. I also warmed some of the pie filling for topping. My family loved and wants it every day!"
"I made this just as it was and it was the best french toast I've ever had- the orange juice and apricot preserves made a sweet yet tangy syrup instead of the just sweet maple."
"I just made this and it was pretty good, I substituted strawberry preserves and apple juice for the syrup and exchanged 1/2 tsp cinnamon for the ginger."