- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- APRICOT SYRUP:
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Cut a pocket through the crust of each slice of bread. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and pineapple; stir in pecans. Stuff into pockets. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, cream, vanilla and ginger; dip both sides of bread. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan; heat until warmed, stirring constantly. Serve with the French toast. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/3 cups syrup).
Reviews for Stuffed French Toast with Apricot Syrup
"I made this just as it was and it was the best french toast I've ever had- the orange juice and apricot preserves made a sweet yet tangy syrup instead of the just sweet maple."
"I just made this and it was pretty good, I substituted strawberry preserves and apple juice for the syrup and exchanged 1/2 tsp cinnamon for the ginger."