- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- APRICOT SYRUP:
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Cut a pocket through the crust of each slice of bread. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and pineapple; stir in pecans. Stuff into pockets. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, cream, vanilla and ginger; dip both sides of bread. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan; heat until warmed, stirring constantly. Serve with the French toast. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/3 cups syrup).
Reviews for Stuffed French Toast with Apricot Syrup
"My husband requests this for his breakfast every birthday and every Father's Day. It is very good. You can play around with the fruits in the filling and the syrup, but his favorite is the original."
"I made this just as it was and it was the best french toast I've ever had- the orange juice and apricot preserves made a sweet yet tangy syrup instead of the just sweet maple."
"I just made this and it was pretty good, I substituted strawberry preserves and apple juice for the syrup and exchanged 1/2 tsp cinnamon for the ginger."