Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- 8 slices French bread (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage patties, cooked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Cut a pocket in the crust of each slice of bread. Butter the inside of pocket. Cut sausage into bite-size pieces; toss with cheese. Stuff into pockets.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon; dip both sides of bread. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed French Toast(3)
Sort By :
Ahh! I made this years ago and remember enjoying it. Glad i found it again! My hubby and daughter will enjoy this (haven't made it since before i was married--over 8 years ago)
Very good French Toast. I used regular Bob Evans sausage patties since I don't like the Brown & Serve kind. Would definitely make again.