Stuffed Flounder Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 flounder or sole fillets (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter; add tomato, celery and parsley. Cook over low heat until vegetables are tender and juices evaporate, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, blue cheese, egg and salt. Spread over fillets; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 11-in. x 1-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; add lemon juice. Pour over fillets. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Flounder
"too much bread crumbs"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.