Stuffed Flounder Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 flounder or sole fillets (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter; add tomato, celery and parsley. Cook over low heat until vegetables are tender and juices evaporate, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, blue cheese, egg and salt. Spread over fillets; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 11-in. x 1-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; add lemon juice. Pour over fillets. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Flounder in Country Extra January 1998, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Flounder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2011
too much bread crumbs