- 1 package (8 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, onion, celery and parsley. In a small bowl, beat the egg substitute; stir in broth and butter. Pour over stuffing mixture. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper; stir well.
- Pound steak to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread 1-1/2 cups stuffing mixture over steak. Roll up, starting with a short side; tie with string. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Remaining stuffing can be wrapped tightly in foil and placed over the rolled steak.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 160° and meat is tender. Remove string before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Flank Steak in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p17
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stuffed Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review