- kitchen string at 1-1/2-in. intervals. Rub with 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown steak on all sides. Bake in the
- skillet at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the pan; cover
- and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallot and remaining mushrooms in
- remaining oil until tender. Add broth and sherry to the pan. Bring
- to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half,
- about 10 minutes. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2
- cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 489 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.