- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 small cucumber, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 sole or orange roughy fillets (4 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 8 lemon wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots and onion in 3 tablespoons of butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in bread cubes, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, 1 teaspoon salt, dill and pepper.
- Place four fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top each with 1 cup stuffing and another fillet. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut in half; serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Fish Fillets
"Absolutely delicious! I tried this with whole stuffed trout -sauteeing all the ingredents together but the tomatoes and bread cubes which was added prior to stuffing- and threw in some shrimp. Will be a staple at my home."