Stuffed Easter Ham Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups cubed French bread (1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fully cooked ham (3 pounds), cut into 3/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves, melted
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; add the next six ingredients and mix well. Line an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan with foil; place string for tying on foil. Place one ham slice on top of string; spread with 1 cup of stuffing. Top with another ham slice. Repeat the process, using two ham slices between stuffing layers. Tie securely with string. Cover loosely with foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Baste ham with preserves; bake, uncovered, basting several times, for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing in the center of ham reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove the string and separate the double ham slices; cut into desired portions. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,571 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer