- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups cubed French bread (1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fully cooked ham (3 pounds), cut into 3/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves, melted
- In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; add the next six ingredients and mix well. Line an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan with foil; place string for tying on foil. Place one ham slice on top of string; spread with 1 cup of stuffing. Top with another ham slice. Repeat the process, using two ham slices between stuffing layers. Tie securely with string. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Baste ham with preserves; bake, uncovered, basting several times, for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing in the center of ham reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove the string and separate the double ham slices; cut into desired portions. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Easter Ham in Country Pork 1996, p78
Reviews for Stuffed Easter Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review