Stuffed Date Drops Recipe
In my recipe collection, these chewy drops cookies with date-nut centers are filed under "E" for "extra-special".
- 12 pecans or walnut halves
- 24 pitted whole dates
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. Cut pecan or walnut halves lengthwise; stuff into dates and set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg yolk. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Stir in stuffed dates.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls with one date per cookie, onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a saucepan, cook butter over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in sugar, vanilla and milk. Frost cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC