Stuffed Cuke Snacks Recipe
Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas suggests, "These cheese-filled slices look so pretty on an appetizer plate."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 20 to 26 pimiento strips
- Additional dill sprigs
- 1. Run the tines of a fork lengthwise down the cucumber. Cut a 1-in. slice from each end. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds.
- 2. Place cucumber cut side down on paper towel for 10 minutes. Combine cheeses, parsley, dill and onion; spoon into cucumber halves. Put halves back together; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 3. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; garnish with pimiento and dill. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 62 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC