Stuffed Cuke Snacks
Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas suggests, "These cheese-filled slices look so pretty on an appetizer plate."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 20 to 26 pimiento strips
- Additional dill sprigs
- Run the tines of a fork lengthwise down the cucumber. Cut a 1-in.
- slice from each end. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; remove and
- discard seeds.
- Place cucumber cut side down on paper towel for 10 minutes. Combine
- cheeses, parsley, dill and onion; spoon into cucumber halves. Put
- halves back together; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4
- Cut into 1/2-in. slices; garnish with pimiento and dill. Yield:
- about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 62 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.