FOR A change of pace, I like to serve these stuffed cucumbers in place of a lettuce salad.
They're really refreshing, and a touch of French dressing makes them a colorful addition to any meal.
-Mrs. Howard Phipps, Hernando, Mississippi
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + draining
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- French salad dressing, optional
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and pulp, leaving a
- 1/4-in. shell. Place seeds and pulp in a colander. Sprinkle with
- salt; drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, green pepper, onion,
- Worcestershire sauce and pepper; mix well. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons
- of the drained pulp. Spoon into cucumber shells; sprinkle with
- paprika. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with French dressing if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.