FOR A change of pace, I like to serve these stuffed cucumbers in place of a lettuce salad. They're really refreshing, and a touch of French dressing makes them a colorful addition to any meal. -Mrs. Howard Phipps, Hernando, Mississippi
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- French salad dressing, optional
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Place seeds and pulp in a colander. Sprinkle with salt; drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, green pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; mix well. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of the drained pulp. Spoon into cucumber shells; sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with French dressing if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Cucumbers in Reminisce Extra August 1997, p47
Reviews for Stuffed Cucumbers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review