- 8 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Pound steaks to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon salad dressing over steaks. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, broth and remaining salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Spoon 1/4 cup vegetable mixture onto each steak; roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat rolls in oil on all sides. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved cooking liquid until smooth; stir into pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add browning sauce if desired. Remove toothpicks. Serve with steak rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stuffed Cubed Steaks(2)
Sort By :
This was good. I just wish my cube steak had been more tender. I may need to simmer it longer. Or maybe I just bought a bad cut. Anyway the taste was very good. And I really enjoyed the stuffing.
This is very tasty and the extra stuffing makes a great side dish.