Stuffed-Crust Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 10 pieces string cheese
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
- Unroll both pizza crusts and place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, letting dough drape 1 in. over the edges. Pinch center seam to seal.
- Place string cheese around edges of pan. Fold dough over cheese; pinch to seal. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Spread sauce over crust. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella and olives.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 pieces.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stuffed-Crust Chicken Pizza(6)
Sort By :
This was so very good. I think I'm going to take the advice of another poster and make a homemade crust next time. I'm also going to make two that way I can add the tomatoes and olives on the one for the adults.
I liked the cheese in the crust but using the refrigerated pizza crust took away from how I think a pizza should taste and I think a chicken pizza should have more of an alfredo sauce. Yes I would make it again but I would use a homemade dough and I would probably use different toppings.
The four starts above was accidental. Definitely 5 starts, but I can't change it!!
This was very good. I used barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce, and my own not-stuffed crust. But even so, it was extremely tasty. Definitely a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >