Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork Recipe
- 1 crown roast of pork (about 8 pounds)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Spiced crab apples, optional
- 1. Tie roast and place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Cover the bone ends with foil. Insert met thermometer. Roast at 350° for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the pork and sausage until browned; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add apple and celery; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the cooked pork and sausage, crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and sage; mix well.
- 3. Remove roast from oven. Carefully press a double layer of foil down through open center of roast to form a base for stuffing. Spoon stuffing lightly into crown. Return to oven and bake for 1 hour more or until thermometer reads 160°. Transfer roast to serving platter. Garnish with spiced crab apples if desired. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.