Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork Recipe
- 1 crown roast of pork (about 8 pounds)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Spiced crab apples, optional
- 1. Tie roast and place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Cover the bone ends with foil. Insert met thermometer. Roast at 350° for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the pork and sausage until browned; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add apple and celery; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the cooked pork and sausage, crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and sage; mix well.
- 3. Remove roast from oven. Carefully press a double layer of foil down through open center of roast to form a base for stuffing. Spoon stuffing lightly into crown. Return to oven and bake for 1 hour more or until thermometer reads 160°. Transfer roast to serving platter. Garnish with spiced crab apples if desired. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 each: 279 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork
"Why is the foil put in the centre of the roast and when do you remove it?"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.