- On top of ham, cut two full-length wedges, about 1 in. wide and 3/4
- in. deep, 3 in. apart. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the stuffing into each
- wedge. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 1-1/2-qt. covered
- baking dish; cover and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator after
- the ham has baked for 1-3/4 hours.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; cover loosely with
- foil. Bake at 325° for 2-1/4 hours. In a saucepan, heat jelly
- and mustard until jelly is melted. Brush some over ham; return ham
- to oven. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with
- jelly mixture. Place reserved stuffing in the oven and bake covered.
- For pears, mix water and lemon juice. Dip pears in water mixture;
- drain. Place cut side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Mix chutney and apple juice; pour over pears. Drizzle with butter.
- Remove ham from oven; cover with foil and let stand 30 minutes before
- slicing. Bake stuffing along with pears 30 minutes longer. Baste
- pears occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer