Stuffed Company Ham Recipe
This beautiful ham and sweet baked pears make an extra special meal.—Violet Klause, Onoway, Alberta
- 2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 unpeeled apple, diced
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly or honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- CHUTNEY BAKED PEARS:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ripe pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1 cup chutney
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the celery, onion and apple; cook over low heat until celery is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in crumbs, mincemeat, parsley and thyme. Mix well.
- 2. On top of ham, cut two full-length wedges, about 1 in. wide and 3/4 in. deep, 3 in. apart. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the stuffing into each wedge. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 1-1/2-qt. covered baking dish; cover and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator after the ham has baked for 1-3/4 hours.
- 3. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; cover loosely with foil. Bake at 325° for 2-1/4 hours. In a saucepan, heat jelly and mustard until jelly is melted. Brush some over ham; return ham to oven. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with jelly mixture. Place reserved stuffing in the oven and bake covered.
- 4. For pears, mix water and lemon juice. Dip pears in water mixture; drain. Place cut side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Mix chutney and apple juice; pour over pears. Drizzle with butter.
- 5. Remove ham from oven; cover with foil and let stand 30 minutes before slicing. Bake stuffing along with pears 30 minutes longer. Baste pears occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC