- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Rolls
"I baked them and I also added Italian cheese mix with the ham and they came out delicious!"
"Chicken Cordon Bleu in a crock pot................... Who knew??"
"we make all the time, except we roll them in crushed cheez-its"
"I did bake it in the oven, 375@45 min, delicious!"
"This is me! How exciting to see it here. It took me a bit to find it, I kept getting sidetracked on other great recipes."