- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Rolls
"I baked them and I also added Italian cheese mix with the ham and they came out delicious!"
"chicken Cordon Bleu in a crock pot................... Who knew??"
"we make all the time, except we roll them in crushed cheez-its"
"I did bake it in the oven, 375@45 min, delicious!"
"This is me! How exciting to see it here. It took me a bit to find it, I kept getting sidetracked on other great recipes."
"Absolutely DELICIOUS! Increased the chicken broth (low-sodium) to 3/4 c and added a 1/4 c shredded parmesan to the sauce. Cooked it in the crockpot for 4-1/2 hrs, which was a bit too long, will do 4 hrs the next time. Served w/ Trader Joe's Basmati Rice Medley. This dish reheats well and is very, very tasty. A keeper!"
"I didn't let the chicken rolls sit in the fridge and couldn't tell a difference. I liked this better cooked in the oven. 350 for 1 hour was more than enough. Probably would've been more moist if cooked for 45 min. i also salted and peppered the chicken before putting the ham and cheese on it. And subbed rubbed thyme for the rubbed sage. Added dried thyme and some pepper to the chicken soup/broth mixture too. A very good dish that I will be repeating!"
"The family really enjoyed this! Will make again soon."