Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
This recipe is so flavorful stuffed with the mushrooms, peppers and onions mixture. The recipe comes together fast and will taste delicious.—Lynn Ireland, Lebanon, Wisconsin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness and set aside. In a saucepan, combine mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; add rice. Mix well and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, garlic powder and cayenne; set aside. Spoon a fourth of the rice mixture onto the center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken around rice mixture; seal with toothpicks.
- 3. Dip chicken in milk. Coat all sides with cornflakes mixture. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 392 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC