Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
This recipe is so flavorful stuffed with the mushrooms, peppers and onions mixture. The recipe comes together fast and will taste delicious.—Lynn Ireland, Lebanon, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness and set aside. In a saucepan, combine mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; add rice. Mix well and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, garlic powder and cayenne; set aside. Spoon a fourth of the rice mixture onto the center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken around rice mixture; seal with toothpicks.
- 3. Dip chicken in milk. Coat all sides with cornflakes mixture. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 392 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC