- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa and thyme.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is
- absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Discard thyme.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add green onions and
- celery; cook and stir until tender. Add cooked quinoa. Stir in the
- dried fruits, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt.
- In a large saucepan, mix the first six chicken ingredients until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Add
- the apple, cranberries and walnuts. Stir in preserves and butter
- until melted.
- Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken
- breast. Fill each with 2-3 tablespoons quinoa mixture; secure with
- toothpicks. Place remaining quinoa mixture in a greased 1-qt. baking
- dish; cover with foil. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high
- heat. Carefully brown stuffed chicken on both sides. Transfer to a
- greased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour apple mixture over top.
- Bake chicken and quinoa, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a
- thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and quinoa is heated
- through. Serve chicken with quinoa. Discard toothpicks before
- Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now