Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil and parsley flakes
- 2 slices day-old white bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1. Place chicken with skin side down on a piece of heavy-duty foil large enough to fold over the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until soft; stir in seasonings, bread and broth. Place in cavity of chicken; fold over top and seal. Place in a small baking pan. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Open foil and bake 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender, juices run clear and stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 502 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.