Chicken breast halves are perfect when cooking for one... just wrap and freeze them individually, then thaw and cook one at a time.—Alvena Franklin, Coldwater, Michigan
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil and parsley flakes
- 2 slices day-old white bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Place chicken with skin side down on a piece of heavy-duty foil large enough to fold over the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until soft; stir in seasonings, bread and broth. Place in cavity of chicken; fold over top and seal. Place in a small baking pan. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Open foil and bake 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender, juices run clear and stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Stuffed Chicken Breast in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p16
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review