- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until lightly browned; add to the stuffing.
- Place 1/2 cup stuffing down the center of each chicken breast half; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place seam side down in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Spoon soup over chicken; sprinkle with remaining stuffing. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p47
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2015
"Excellent and quick to make."
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2010
"Very filling -- great comfort food meal."