Stuffed Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in 4-1/2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add spinach and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup spinach mixture down the center of each chicken breast half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the honey, mustard and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting every 15 minutes with pan juices. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 455 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.