- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 4-1/2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add spinach and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup spinach mixture down the center of each chicken breast half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the honey, mustard and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting every 15 minutes with pan juices. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Sauce
"I couldn't find my stone ground mustard so used spicy brown mustard"
"Love this recipe and loved the fact that it freezes well. Liked the fact that the sauce for on top was plenty to cover all the chicken breasts."
"This recipe was a hit with the whole family."
"This was really really easy to make. Didn't have stone-ground mustard, the only thing I had on hand was Dijon mustard which turned out great. Very tasty."
"Came out really good! All I had on hand was Dijon Rough Mustard, and it gave the glaze a tangy taste! My 3 kids loved it and ate all the spinach inside. Will make again, Thanks!"
"I loved the combination of flavors in the stuffing and the glaze, they complemented each other beautifully."