Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
I adapted this summertime tomato appetizer from a stuffed mushroom recipe that I've used for years. These tasty little treats always win complementsthey're perfect at parties or for potlucks and salad luncheons. Best of all, they look like you slaved over them for hours...but they are really very easy to prepare!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pint small cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ranch-style dressing
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Slice off tops of tomatoes. Scoop out pulp with small melon ball
- cutter, reserving pulp to use as necessary to thin filling. Drain
- tomatoes, upside-down, on paper towel. Combine filling ingredients
- in small bowl. Stuff tomatoes with filling. Keep refrigerated until
- serving time. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 96 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.