Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Two Ways Recipe
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- CREAM CHEESE & SHRIMP:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/3 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh dill sprigs
- GUACAMOLE & BACON:
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. For Cream Cheese & Shrimp Tomatoes: In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, ketchup and dill weed. Spoon into half of the tomatoes. Top with shrimp and dill sprigs. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. For Guacamole & Bacon Tomatoes: In a small bowl, mash the avocado; stir in the onion, lemon juice and garlic. Spoon into half of the tomatoes. Top with bacon. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Cream Cheese & Shrimp: 1 tomato equals 27 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Guacamole & Bacon: 1 tomato equals 18 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.