- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- CREAM CHEESE & SHRIMP:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/3 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh dill sprigs
- GUACAMOLE & BACON:
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- For Cream Cheese & Shrimp Tomatoes: In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, ketchup and dill weed. Spoon into half of the tomatoes. Top with shrimp and dill sprigs. Refrigerate until serving.
- For Guacamole & Bacon Tomatoes: In a small bowl, mash the avocado; stir in the onion, lemon juice and garlic. Spoon into half of the tomatoes. Top with bacon. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Two Ways in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Two Ways
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >