Stuffed Cherries Dipped in Chocolate Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh dark sweet cherries with stems
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 12 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Pit cherries through the sides, leaving stems intact. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in hazelnuts and syrup. Pipe into cherries.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips and 5 teaspoons shortening at 70% power. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. In another bowl, repeat with milk chocolate chips and 3-1/2 teaspoons shortening. Repeat with semisweet chips and remaining shortening.
- Holding stems, dip a third of the stuffed cherries into melted white chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Repeat with remaining cherries and milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate. Dip the white-coated cherries a second time to completely cover; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining melted chocolate if necessary. Drizzle white chocolate over cherries dipped in milk or semisweet chocolate. Drizzle milk or semisweet chocolate over white chocolate-dipped cherries. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Stuffed Cherries Dipped in Chocolate
Sort By :
"The reviews written were very recent and the cherries will not be available until later. When they are I will make them and sit back and take in the compliments. If you want something nice you have to put in some effort. Thank you for a lovely recipe."
"I would use already prepared marachino cherries with stems attached as they are already pitted. Doing this according to directions using fresh cherries is way to hard!"
"Way too labor intensive."
"For the amount of time it takes, the results are not worth it."