I make these delectable cherry treats in early summer when the cherries are ripe and plentiful. A summertime favorite, they freeze very nicely and are a wonderful treat to serve guests throughout the summer.—Judy Bond, Duncan, British Columbia
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh dark sweet cherries with stems
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 12 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Pit cherries through the sides, leaving stems intact. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in hazelnuts and syrup. Pipe into cherries.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips and 5 teaspoons shortening at 70% power. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. In another bowl, repeat with milk chocolate chips and 3-1/2 teaspoons shortening. Repeat with semisweet chips and remaining shortening.
- Holding stems, dip a third of the stuffed cherries into melted white chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Repeat with remaining cherries and milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate. Dip the white-coated cherries a second time to completely cover; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining melted chocolate if necessary. Drizzle white chocolate over cherries dipped in milk or semisweet chocolate. Drizzle milk or semisweet chocolate over white chocolate-dipped cherries. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Stuffed Cherries Dipped in Chocolate in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p219
Reviews for Stuffed Cherries Dipped in Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review