Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1 cup Minute® White Rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook cabbage in boiling water only until leaves fall off head. Reserve 14-16 large leaves for rolls and set aside remaining cabbage.
- In a bowl, combine rice, beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup soup. Put 2 to 3 tablespoons meat mixture on each cabbage leaf. Fold in sides, then roll up leaves to completely enclose meat.
- Line a Dutch oven with leftover cabbage leaves. Combine remaining soup and water; pour over cabbage. Stack cabbage rolls on top of sauce. Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer on low for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until rolls are tender.
- Remove rolls and cabbage. If desired, sauce may be thickened by boiling over high heat. Spoon sauce over rolls and cabbage and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls(11)
Sort By :
I ADDED 1 1/2 tsp of thyme to the meat instead of worcstershire. I love the recipe!
I also have been making these for years and use a mixture of beef, pork & veal, 1 egg and about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder along with the salt & pepper. After making the rolls, I chop up the leftover cabbage and line the pan with the cabbage. I then mix a can of stewed sliced tomatoes with the tomato soup and pour that over the top. The seasonings of the stewed tomatoes helps flavor the cabbage a bit more!
I LOVE THIS RECIPE . Easy to make and great tasting. Reminds me of the food I had growing up
Easy and delicious. I prefer the tomato soup instead of tomato juice.
I baked these uncovered in a large glass casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray at 325° for one hour. After removing from oven I spooned the sauce over the tops & added shredded mozzarella to them. They were outstanding!