Stuffed Cabbage Casserole Recipe
"I came up with this recipe because I love the taste of cabbage rolls, but don't always have the time to prepare them," writes Joann Alexander from Center, Texas. "My version uses the same ingredients in a simpler manner for hearty results everyone enjoys!"
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add cabbage, green pepper and rice.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the water and tomato paste. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over beef mixture; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 815 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC