Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe
- 3 small butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up; stuff with ham mixture. Cover unstuffed end of squash with foil to prevent drying. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 184 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Stuffed Butternut Squash
"The squash did not get as tender as I would have liked, but we were in a hurry and I didn't have time to let it bake longer than an hour. Besides, we are spoiled by doing stuffed acorn squash in the slow cooker. I am thinks nag of using this stuffing combo in that recipe."
"Very filling. I cut the 'tail' off and just used the bowl end."
"This is a delicious dish. I had to substitute pineapples for the apples since I did not have any on hand. We paired it with a side salad and grilled asparagus. YUM!!!Thank you for posting it."
"A wonderful combination of flavors that my husband and son love."