Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe
I enjoy experimenting with new recipes and that's how I came up with this meal-in-one squash idea. Ham, mustard, apples and brown sugar go so well with butternut squash.—Bev Spain, Belleville, Ohio
- 3 small butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up; stuff with ham mixture. Cover unstuffed end of squash with foil to prevent drying. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC