- 3 small butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up; stuff with ham mixture. Cover unstuffed end of squash with foil to prevent drying. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Butternut Squash
"Very filling. I cut the 'tail' off and just used the bowl end."
"This is a delicious dish. I had to substitute pineapples for the apples since I did not have any on hand. We paired it with a side salad and grilled asparagus. YUM!!!Thank you for posting it."
"A wonderful combination of flavors that my husband and son love."