I enjoy experimenting with new recipes and that's how I came up with this meal-in-one squash idea. Ham, mustard, apples and brown sugar go so well with butternut squash.—Bev Spain, Belleville, Ohio
- 3 small butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up; stuff with ham mixture. Cover unstuffed end of squash with foil to prevent drying. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Butternut Squash in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p44
Reviews for Stuffed Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review