Stuffed Butterflied Shrimp Recipe
- 24 uncooked unpeeled large shrimp
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained and minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Peel shrimp, leaving tail section on. Make a deep cut along the top of each shrimp (do not cut all the way through); remove the vein. Place shrimp in a shallow dish; add salad dressing. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, clams, butter and parsley. Drain and discard salad dressing. Arrange shrimp in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Open shrimp and press flat; fill each with 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 2 dozen.
4 each: 350 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Stuffed Butterflied Shrimp
"I definitely would make again .. Excellent taste. However it was more than 20 minutes to peel shrimp and devein. I did not cut the slit deep enough and had a hard time standing these guys up.But all in all was well received"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.