Stuffed Butterflied Shrimp Recipe
- 24 uncooked unpeeled large shrimp
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained and minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Peel shrimp, leaving tail section on. Make a deep cut along the top of each shrimp (do not cut all the way through); remove the vein. Place shrimp in a shallow dish; add salad dressing. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, clams, butter and parsley. Drain and discard salad dressing. Arrange shrimp in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Open shrimp and press flat; fill each with 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 2 dozen.
4 each: 350 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Butterflied Shrimp
"I definitely would make again .. Excellent taste. However it was more than 20 minutes to peel shrimp and devein. I did not cut the slit deep enough and had a hard time standing these guys up.But all in all was well received"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.