Stuffed Burgers on Portobellos Recipe
Here' a low-carb treat that allows my husband and me to still enjoy burgers without compromising any of the taste. It's actually a combination of many memories recipes pulled together into one...and no one misses the bun. — Debbie Driggers, Greenville, Texas
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 4 inches), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Combine cheese and bacon. Spoon into center of four patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, brush mushroom caps with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place mushrooms, rounded side down, on serving plates. Top each with tomato, lettuce and a burger. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Burgers on Portobellos
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2008
"Wonderful! At last...something really good tasting for diabetics."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC