Here' a low-carb treat that allows my husband and me to still enjoy burgers without compromising any of the taste. It's actually a combination of many memories recipes pulled together into one...and no one misses the bun. — Debbie Driggers, Greenville, Texas
Featured In: Stuffed Burgers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 4 inches), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Combine cheese and bacon. Spoon into center of four patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, brush mushroom caps with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place mushrooms, rounded side down, on serving plates. Top each with tomato, lettuce and a burger. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Burgers on Portabellos in Backyard Living July/August 2004, p18
Reviews forStuffed Burgers on Portobellos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2008
"Wonderful! At last...something really good tasting for diabetics."