- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, salt and thyme. Crumble beef over milk mixture and mix well. Shape mixture into eight thin patties. Divide stuffing between four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- For sauce, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with burgers. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Burger Bundles
Sort By :
"These were easy to make and very tasty. My 6 yr old daughter who is very picky ate two minus the mushroom sauce. I added a 1/2 cup of water to the mushroom sauce to make it creamier."
"I've been making this for years but add the sauce before cooking it in the oven. Never is it dried out that way."
"I was not very fond (neither was my family) of the sauce. I did not add mushrooms as my family wouldn't even try it with them added. The meat was dry and the sauce was too thick....I even added a little milk to compensate for the lack of mushroom juice. Sorry, I was hoping this would be better than it was. :("
"Debbie ~ This sounds and looks wonderful! I am however, wondering why Taste of Home did NOT add some color to the plate before they took the photo!! Green beans, broccoli or carrots would have accented the burger and potatoes very nicely!"
"[quote user="lvizy"]Sounds yummy, but we don't eat mushrooms, do you have any substitution suggestions? [/quote] You could saute onions in place of the mushrooms and use cream of celery or cream of onion soup instead."