Stuffed Burger Bundles Recipe
“I changed up my mom’s recipe a bit to make it my own. Add a side of mashed potatoes and pour the sauce over both the potatoes and the bundles. This is real comfort food!” —Debbie Carter, Kingsburg, California
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound ground beef
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, salt and thyme. Crumble beef over milk mixture and mix well. Shape mixture into eight thin patties. Divide stuffing among four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. For sauce, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with burgers. Yield: 4 servings.
1 bundle with 1/3 cup sauce equals 391 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,247 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC