Stuffed Bread Appetizers
You may want to double the recipe for this hearty cold appetizer because I've found that folks just can't seem to stop eating it!
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (26 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- Dried parsley flakes
- 4 dill pickle spears
- 4 slices deli ham
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- Hollow out top and bottom of bread, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard
- removed bread or save for another use). Spread thin layer of
- mayonnaise over bread; sprinkle with parsley.
- Fill each half with cheese mixture. Wrap pickle spears in ham; place
- lengthwise over cheese mixture on bottom half of loaf. Replace top;
- press together to seal.
- Wrap in foil; refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, cut into
- 1-in. slices. Yield: about 2 dozen.