Stuffed Bread Appetizers Recipe
You may want to double the recipe for this hearty cold appetizer because I've found that folks just can't seem to stop eating it! —Tracy Westrom, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (26 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- Dried parsley flakes
- 4 dill pickle spears
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Hollow out top and bottom of bread, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spread thin layer of mayonnaise over bread; sprinkle with parsley.
- 3. Fill each half with cheese mixture. Wrap pickle spears in ham; place lengthwise over cheese mixture on bottom half of loaf. Replace top; press together to seal.
- 4. Wrap in foil; refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Stuffed Bread Appetizers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC