- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups soft bread cubes (1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (about 12 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and parsley in butter until vegetables are tender. In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk, sage, thyme and salt. Add bread cubes and vegetable mixture; toss to combine.
- From the cut end of the ham, cut five parallel wedges, about 1-1/2-in. apart, 1/2-in. wide and 1-1/2-in. deep. Repeat in the opposite direction, making diamond shapes.
- Spoon stuffing into slits. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover loosely with a foil tent. Bake at 325° for 2-1/4 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove foil from ham; drizzle glaze over top. Bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Bone-In Ham in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p36
Reviews for Stuffed Bone-In Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review